Sunday, February 05, 2006

Randomness from home

As expected,it snowed yesterday....a rather white and freezing welcome back home.Apparently,Atlanta had a bit of a cold wave too.Its nice to be back and I have this feeling of a finality of sorts....especially,as regards the studying.Although,I did make good progress back in Atlanta,there were times when I felt as if I was whiling away time.Had planned on getting this one subject out of the way today...but ended up unpacking and working on registering for step 2.I am almost done with my application.I'll be applying for CK and CS together as the slots for CS are filling up quick.I had wanted to do this earlier but the highly inefficient student affairs people at my medical college managed to conveniently send a friend of mine on a wild goose chase for my degree...which they claimed they had mailed to some random address in Lahore!!I was livid and had even planned to torch the place down!(O-C...I am still up for it!)But turns out they still had it wth them...happy to report that I am now in posession of the degree...thank God!
I should be done mailing the necessary stuff in a day or two.I need to get these passport sized photographs taken to send in with the application....they never come out nice...at least for me!Try keeping your face straight...try smiling...its always messed up...always!Anyways, with all this out of my way I'd be able to study in peace!!!
D is busy watching the super bowl...which I think is as big an event for American Football fans as say, the cricket world cup for us.I find this particular sport...hmmm...confusing and violent.One of the teams playing today has a player called "the Bus".I was wondering out loud as to why someone would be given a nickname like that when D drew my attention to a clip from one of the previous games....this guy just kept on going regardless of who came in his way.....he just bulldozed his way through!!I think "the Bulldozer" would be a more apt alternative.Off now to watch what remains of the super bowl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aya said...

hmmmm...you need to send some sun our way!!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger ordered-chaos said...

LOL@ bus we have a mega truck here ussay koi bulldoze kerne ko bhego [;)] ECFMG keeps sending me letters claimin tht the darned college ppl havent validated my application.What to do? when d I apply for CS want CK outta way before I do ....

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home