Friday, April 06, 2007

Of About Me-s and I

An "about me" I came across while random blog hopping : "I am fun,smart and very very pretty". It made me smile.I have never been good with "about me-s"...I don't know why and so my blog doesn't have one.Perhaps there is too much and too little to me at the same time to be put into words.Perhaps secretly,somewhere deep down I do care about what random strangers(stumbling over my blog) would think or maybe its just that I've never really let go to be enough of me to know what actually is me. I thought about this a couple of days ago too, when an "about me" email chain was started by a fellow intern to-be in order to get to know each other a little(prior to being forced to work together..heh).I think I handled that one quite gracefully(read did not smack my head after hitting the send button) but I did wonder about how one would go about conveying their personality to total strangers over email without feeling awkward.And then,I thought about what would be worse;having to actually meet strangers and make conversation with them especially when there is absolutely no connection...with the current pathetic status of my "making small talk" skills,I'd take the email over this anyday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ull be fine come the beginning. One learns small talk along the way, I guess...

8:33 AM  
Blogger Arf said...

Yeah .. you're right .. it is a little hard to sum up everything about yourself in a small box .... but sometimes I think that having this other medium of communication (aka the internet)is slowly dulling our interaction skills in the real world. Not that I'm saying that it's bad thing, it's just a different way of expressing ourselves ....

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cant possibly offer anything in this matter except a gud luck.and if u do learn the secret i need some tutoring too

7:20 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

usman:I think I'll be fine too...something to the effect of "when thrown in water one automaticaly starts swimming"..heh

arfeen:I agree with what you say about the internet's effect.More often than not,I guess, e-interaction is less complex than real world interaction.

rai:heh...the situation probably isn't as bad as we think it is...in the sense that you don't(or at least try your best not to) let the other people know you're uncomfortable...eventhough you're thinking "ughh...what do I do?" inwardly...so,I think its more of a subjective uneasy feeling.By the way, I ended up making quite a few friends along the interview trail...so I guess I am not all that bad (and I am sure you aren't either)! :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger 3rd avenue said...

thanks for dropping by.
sure, go ahead and link.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home