Monday, February 13, 2006

My Best Friend's Wedding

My best friend is getting married in April and D and I will be heading to Pakistan come end of March ,InshaAllah.Actually, I had been in two minds about going.....How would I schedule step 2 around it?Would I be able to take CS in time?....blah,blah,blah!Then D gave me an ultimatum of sorts..."Is it a yes or a no?"...*add just a wee bit of a threatening tone to that*.Now,how would "jobless" Aya understand the significance of D having to notify her manager of dates of her intended vacation??Well,Aya did understand and did make up her mind eventually....:p!Ofcourse O-C's "friend kee shadi tau aik hee duffa honee hai...exam tau thoraa aagay bhee ho sakta hai(to translate...its your best friend's wedding for goodness sake!)" ....kept haunting me too...;).So,all the reservations etc were made...and then yesterday the travel agent calls and says something about having reserved a ticket for one person only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Helllllo???? This,after all the harping about "reservations for TWO...tickets for me AND my sister!"...not good!....He is supposed to call today as soon as he fixes the mess he has made....I on the other hand have spent precious study time looking for alternatives(and whining about it here)!
Although,I think we'll be fine....he'll come up with something inshaAllah!I am excited and have already started day dreaming about how awesome it would be to be back in Lahore...more on that later!
Anyways,you know what this means??This means, I need to study like anything and get a lot done before I leave....just so I have some peace of mind while I am in Pakistan and can enjoy spending time with family and friends AND so that I don't freak out when I get back!I've been trying but its not been all that great....everyday ends with a "tomorrow will be better"....blech!So yeah,I have to...just have to get down to kicking some serious dust in the studying arena.Oh and in case some one reading this is shaking their heads and thinking..."what a nerd!"....hmmm....this should suffice...:p and boo ya!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aya said...

Rai:I intend on doing just that...:)
your sympathy is appreciated....pray for "all us usmle ppl" pls...

9:38 AM  
Blogger mE said...

well lahore is actually a battle ground for the protestors to kill and loot ,

come and enjoy the terror :p

6:30 AM  
Blogger Aya said...

me: :(

7:59 AM  
Blogger Aya said...

Beau:"Gosh we are all so GROWN UP !"...I KNOW!!!...and I am not sure if I am liking it very much...*sigh*

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home