Sunday, February 04, 2007

Over The Rainbow

A rather detailed up date is warranted here, which I shall get to in a day or two. I wrapped up the last of my interviews at the end of January and must now get down to finalizing my rank order list. I have a tentative list drafted but am still in two minds about a few things – more on that predicament later.

For the past few days, I’ve had this one particular tune from the Wizard of Oz just stuck there in my head. Its weird how this song has just popped up out of the blue…but its beautiful and warm…just what’s needed what with the temperatures dropping to sub-zero this coming week.

Over The Rainbow
(Arlen-Harburg)

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?
Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

p.s : O-C….this ones especially for the utopian in you... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger que sera sera said...

I love this song...used to sing it when I was a kid and wizard of oz was one of my favourite movies. I should also show it to my kids. I'm sure my little one will love this song too. She keeps singing the songs from little mermaid all the time.

waiting for the update.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a beautiful and haunting melody. I love this too.

Hope u had a good interview season. Best of luck fer the match...

9:17 AM  
Blogger Aya said...

que sera sera: I am sure your little one will love this song...I think it was Judy Garland who first sang it but there are tonnes of people who have done their versions of the song with a few changes in the lyrics here and there...
and err...update..yeah..I was going to update today and then it snowed and I shovelled the drive-way and my arms and hands hurt...ok..bad excuse..update soon inshaAllah..

usman:It definitely is a great song.The interview season went well..thanks.Hope the match brings us all great news..inshaAllah.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep us updated

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home