Monday, April 23, 2007

The Astrotrek Essay by Saad

So,Saad aka the brat aka laddoo is heading out to space camp at the NASA space center in Huntsville,Alabama come May. He is among a hundred students that were selected out of over six hundred in his school. I loved how they were asked to write essays about why they want to go to this camp and why they in particular should be selected. They were also to get recommendation letters from their fifth grade teachers in elementary school.It was all so official what with the letters being sealed and stamped. Anyways, based on the essay he wrote which I've been meaning to post here for a while now, I am certain he won't have any trouble writing personal statements (for whatever reason)when he grows up.Enjoy!

"
Why I want to go to Astrotrek.

By Saad

I would like to sign up and go to Astrotrek for many reasons. First of all, I have a great liking for both math and science. Second, I would like to increase my knowledge of space and the natural world. Also, I think it would be a great experience for me and many other students. Furthermore, I know that it would be a great chance for me and many others to go to an actual space program, experience what it is like being in space, and doing many other activities that scientists’ and astronauts’ go through most every day.
One of the reasons I, individually, should go is because I have tried extremely hard to keep my grades up. I was hoping to go to Astrotrek since I first heard about it in 4th grade. It has been one of my many goals in sixth grade and in my opinion it is one of my most important goals. I have behaved very well, achieved a lot of excellent grades and have gotten a lot of great titles while I have been at the Sixth Grade Station. Along with that I am a good role model; polite, and kind.
Moreover, I think I might be interested in a career in Science when I come of age. For example I am very interested in the space, stars, and sky so I might have a career as an Astronomer. Astrotrek will help me understand and gain knowledge of how scientists’ work every day.
Another reason I think I should go to the Astrotrek Space Program is that I’ve heard from my Science teacher that in Astrotrek you get to see a real spaceship and you get to make your own small rocket and hot air balloon, plus you get to do a lot of other wonderful experiments. As I said I take a liking to doing labs, so I would love to watch and do many marvelous experiments or demonstrations.
I am also interested in how the space program affects our everyday lives. Plus, I would want to know the history of the station. Along with learning about the Space Program, I would be very anxious to try the simulations and learn how it actually feels to go out into space like an astronaut. I know it would be great to experience the life of an astronaut in a simulation. Also, I would like to gain some knowledge on what devices astronauts use in the shuttle/Space Station and what the scientists at the base use to communicate and interact with the shuttle.
Other than that, I have many questions that will most probably be answered if I go to the Space Program. For example, I am very interested in the planets’ orbit and revolution around the sun. I would also like to learn about why the other planets are so different from planet Earth and how the gravitational pull on the Earth works. Overall, I would like to know the answers to many of my questions and I think I can accomplish that by going to Astrotrek.
That is my essay on why I want to go to the Astrotrek space program."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thts impressive.cudnt write half tht gud in 5th grade

6:31 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

rai :yeah...he reads a lot...thats why he has a strong written expression too.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will rise in Google search engine optimization positioning as the Google - Bot finds new and
highly relative content on the site and thinks you are superior to other sites inside your niche.
Online or Internet Marketing addresses the concerns of all those website owners that are astounded at the low returns
on their investments. (I can see that the light-bulb has finally come
on.

Also visit my web page Highly recommended Webpage

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home