Monday, January 02, 2006

A formal introduction is in order...
What my previous posts "might" have made apparent...."might" - because complaining/whining/worrying took precedence...

I am a doctor from Pakistan,currently in the US and i just took the USMLE step1....three days a ago!

Here's more....

"In transit" probably describes most of my life.My father was in the army and so we had to move to a new city every two to three years....which was fun and annoying at the same time.In the long run,I think it equipped me with adaptibility which definitely made life easier for me as an adult!

I'd like to think I was destined to be a doctor.I say this because all through my O'Levels I enjoyed subjects like english literature and world history more than the sciences.I was actually all set to take up something like Classical Civilisation for my A'Levels.By the way,this two year period was when my father was posted in Sri-lanka...nice place,great people!Anyways,during my post O'level break...i got to thinking about the possibility of medicine as a career...probably because my best freind at that time,was obsessed with it.Another thing that was disturbing was that it was very likely that my father would get posted back to Pakistan during my A'Levels.There were no guarantees that the city where we next set base would even have a school offerin A'Levels let alone Classical Civilisation!!!So,come july'97 I was off to Pakistan with my mother....I was to live in the hostel/on campus and do my FSc(premed) at one of the colleges in Lahore!

Have to be off now....shall be back with more...soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aya.....it's "three days ago"...not "three days to ago"!!!!Luv ya ...Deedz

10:26 AM  
Blogger Aya said...

D..
I didn't think you actually read all this...:)..
And three day ago/three days to ago...same difference..:p...

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home