Friday, January 06, 2006

Shall pick up from where I left....
The two years of FSc were the worst ever...actually make that the first-got used to it by the second!I hated being away from home.I couldn't come to terms with the fact that I was expected to memorize endlessly long derivations of formulae ,without ever finding out the practical application of it all.I remember having trouble with physics and approaching the teacher for help,only to be told,"Why don't i get you "notes" from "DEFG Academy?They cost Rs 300."Ohh!I could go on forever on this!Bottom line,I don't think I learnt anything substantial in those two years...whichh is just sad!The prime focus was on rote learning,memorization and developing the ability to churn out facts and figures when prompted.I tried and failed.So,I just kept on doing things my way and managed to get decent marks/grades.The only good thing that came out of all this was that i started praying regularly...courtesy,room-mate's influence.In the meantime,my father got posted back to Pakistan but to a different city.Next came the medical college entrance exam.It was a ray of hope because my marks for FSc weren't exceptional and if i did well on the test, I might actually stand a chance at getting into medical college.I remember the test day...I saw the hordes of test takers and thought I really didn't stand a chance as only the top 1200 would actually get in!!There were no less than 10,000 people at the place where i took mine.The entrance test results were announced and I miraculously made it....I think I was nine hundred-something!!I desperately wanted to get into a college in Lahore as my family had moved there.The chances of that happening looked bleak...until one day i just happened to look at my test results.I realised there was a discrepancy.One of my right answers had been marked wrong!When that correction was made,I moved about a hundred people up the list.With the final lists drawn,I was placed in a medical college in LAHORE!!!Life couldn't be better...I thought this was it!!...as i had been told numerous times - just get this right and you're done...this is it!!Well,it was once i started medical college that i finally realised that it would never be it.That,it would have to be constant struggle...a never ending story!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aya said...

Two months!!wow!....Well, this just means you were meant to be a doctor!:)

Yeah,read some of your posts about how awful med school was for you...hats off to you for making it through!!

Eagerly awaiting the end to D's Dilemma..

8:35 AM  
Blogger Aya said...

Sorry about that!!Two weeks...thats awesome stuff!!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home