Friday, May 05, 2006

I have never been great at handling pre-exam jitters. I was quite a nervous wreck close to step 1 in December last year and had vowed not to let the same happen come time for step 2. Well, Step 2 is around the corner and I am afraid the same uncomfortable nervousness is slowly creeping back in. Its particularly bad when I start my day but gets better towards the end…..probably because I am too tired to be bothered by then. One thing that worked for me before was running first thing in the morning….I tried that yesterday and was all fired up but then towards mid-day I just felt very low….its this sort of mood/morale fluctuation that’s been bothering me and it is quite an uphill task to bounce back from it .Feeling quite frustrated, I chalked out a new study plan and following that has been of help in making me feel more on top of things. Today, has been pretty good so far and I feel much at ease….if only everyday from now on till June 20th is the same!I have actually been tempted to move this exam forward but thats out of the question because I have another exam(step 2 CS) scheduled for July 12th and I need to get these two exams out of the way if I am to make the 2007 match.I, so need all of you to start praying for me...pronto!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years after I finished my degrees I still had the same feelings of anxiety during the exam season; however I've stopped having the dreams that I have to take an exam and I've never gone to the class and haven't even got hold of the textbooks yet.

One night in college I stayed up very late to study for a final. It was almost a magical night. The decrepit old mansion we lived in had fountain that made a beautiful watery sound and it was warm so my window was open, bringing in the fresh air and the fountain, and my roommates were all asleep which makes a calm feeling - and I did great on that exam. So I hope you have a magical, relaxing study time like that and have the chance to actually enjoy the work and the exams.

Best of luck -
sozzy

10:25 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

I hope so too sozzy!Thankyou!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Niqabi said...

Salams Aya: I hope and pray that you get through all this Step bit with ease, that every doctor on my list is seemed to be whining about. I guess its a big deal to clear it. But whenever you feel the overwhelming pressure of exams (lol thats how i explain the nervous jitters), just try to think that its not the end of the world. And these are just little worldly exams, one after the other. It wouldn't even matter if we lose in them in the end. OK, that is bad advice.

Just try to be as productive as you can, following a plan is a good idea. And then put everything in Allah's hands. He'll do what's best for you.

Take care and insha'Allah you'll do just fine.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ozcandarli said...

Dr. Aya. You'll do good. I just know it. And maybe you'll be part of the great revolution turning our busted insurance/pharmaceutical/lobbyist healthcare system into something more just and universal.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ozcandarli said...

Dr. Aya. You'll do good. I just know it. And maybe you'll be part of the great revolution turning our busted insurance/pharmaceutical/lobbyist healthcare system into something more just and universal.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ozcandarli said...

Dr. Aya. You'll do good. I just know it. And maybe you'll be part of the great revolution turning our busted insurance/pharmaceutical/lobbyist healthcare system into something more just and universal.

1:55 PM  
Blogger javeria said...

dudee, your blog is totally motivitional. i read all of your previous entires and i can SOOoooooooooooO relate to what you had been gone through or rather say what you HAVE BEEN infiltrating. definately going to bookmark your blog and yes, i will remember you as my inspirational guru. good luck for the exam. your hard work will be paid off so dont worry and just keep your fingers crossed. kehna asan hai..sigh!

all the best.

2:55 PM  
Blogger javeria said...

oh wait, can i please link you on my blog? :$

3:04 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

sozzy:
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
As regards the healthcare system in the US...I agree...a revolution is definitely needed and I would love to be a part of such a revolution!

javeria:
Thankyou!I am flattered! :)
Sure,You can link my blog to yours.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home